Resin Garden
Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.
Resin Garden

Velkommen til Resin Garden! Forum for moderne asiatiske dukker.

ForumforsideForumforside  Nyeste billederNyeste billeder  SøgSøg  TilmeldTilmeld  Log ind  

SD sized fer dress

Go down 
3 deltagere
ForfatterBesked
MorbidNeeds

MorbidNeeds

Antal indlæg : 185
Geografisk sted : Sydfyn
Registration date : 29/12/10

SD sized fer dress Empty
IndlægEmne: SD sized fer dress   SD sized fer dress Icon_minitimeOns Dec 30, 2015 4:09 am

Har for rimeligt nyligt syet denne sammen og er for doven til at oversætte.

~

I know I had other plans for this fabric already, but seen as I didn’t have funds at the ready to bring home another 3-4 yards I thought why not sew another fer dress? Made one back in late ‘11 and, to be honest, while it does look good, isn’t really up to par.

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nz60761hhQ1qfst05_540

As with any piece of clothing you start off with making a pattern and pin it to your fabric.

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nz7hswtFPg1qfst05_540

I know that the side pieces are a bit too long but that will be adjusted once they are sown together.

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzb6tdFGtS1qfst05_500

To keep everything in order I put all the front and back pieces together with needles, also a great way to see how it will get to look all stitched together.

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzb6tg2xyb1qfst05_500

Getting those sewn together you can really get to admire the pattern. Had I had more that one yard to do with I would really have done everything I could to have the pattern be on point consistent. BUt this isn't all that bad either when half of the bottom of it will be covered up by ruffles anyhow.

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzb6tkoFdD1qfst05_500

Here I am adding, what would that even be called, well, a piece of fabric at the top of the dress, here sewing around the arm opening. Afterwards I would sew the shoulders for to then able folding that piece of added fabric to make some clean arm openings. I hope this makes some kind of sense >>

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzb6tpP3QZ1qfst05_500

Anyway, that done this is the result. The collar still needed to be closed up and all of the edges inside the dress needed hemming along with the bottom of the dress. Then ruffles needed to be made and attached, a zip to be sown at the back of the dress, the collar to be closed up, and an a-line tulle skirt to help keep the shape of the dress some.

Sadly I have no progress of this one, but I wanted there to be a jacket of sorts. Something looking like the one going with the original fer dress. Didn't really stick to that as it soon took on a life of it's own.

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_nz8z7o85DR1s8pxgao1_540

Everything is made from an old second hand woolen skirt. The hood from the waist part of the dress and everything else was the skirt part. I didn't use any patterns but what my head could conjure when I cut the fabric. I once saw to fit the main part of the jacket and once for the hood, else not. I'm amazed how it turned out really.

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzddutVFS71qfst05_500

So, the seams on the inside of the dress needed hemming which was the first thing I did sitting down in front of the machine.

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzddv9lj4E1qfst05_500

Thought adding some lace at the bottom of the dress would be a neat little detail even though it would end up being covered by ruffles.

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzddviWKH41qfst05_500

All them pretty ruffles, one dayer after the other..

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzddvptwUS1qfst05_500

Until almost finished. Didn’t have near enough from the ruffles I had already made but had some spare fabric and everything worked out in the end.

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzddw2SS3S1qfst05_500

And it got to look a little bit like this. The arm holes and collar had yet to be sown shut and it needed a zipper in the back.

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzddwcdS761qfst05_500

And one to see how it would look with the wool jacket on top which here still needed a snap attached and some ribbon at the hood to be able closing it up some. Absolutely amazing if you ask me!

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzddwjMmds1qfst05_400

Having sown the ruffles onto the skirt along with adding the zipper in the back and closing the collar and armholes it got to look like this

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzddx0jW4R1qfst05_500

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzddxjK5Sf1qfst05_500

And the tulle petticoat which I have no progress pictures of as it was made on a whim.

SD sized fer dress Tumblr_inline_nzddxp5rQd1qfst05_500

And everything ready for the morning where I hope the weather will allow for me to go outside and shoot up a couple pictures showing all of this off properly. I can't believe I actually made this, I'm amazed at my own skill and how I've improved, totally wowing myself.
Anyway, this adventure took me some 25-30+ hours to put together in it's entirety. Hope you enjoyed!
Tilbage til toppen Go down
Pallas
Pallas

Antal indlæg : 345
Geografisk sted : Nørrebro
Registration date : 29/12/08

SD sized fer dress Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: SD sized fer dress   SD sized fer dress Icon_minitimeOns Dec 30, 2015 10:22 pm

Åh, Fer-kjolen. Jeg har altid godt kunne lide det sæt!

Jeg har ofte overvejet, om jeg skulle sy min egen version, men flæserne har afskrækket mig hver gang.
Din version er rigtig sød. Jeg er specielt begejstret for frakken.
Har du selv lavet snitmønsteret til kjolen?
MorbidNeeds

MorbidNeeds

SD sized fer dress Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: SD sized fer dress   SD sized fer dress Icon_minitimeOns Dec 30, 2015 11:32 pm

Pallas> Også jeg, der er bare noget over det. Og ja, selv tegnet mønstret Smile
Kurisu
Kurisu

Antal indlæg : 645
Geografisk sted : Søllerød
Registration date : 29/12/08

SD sized fer dress Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: SD sized fer dress   SD sized fer dress Icon_minitimeTors Dec 31, 2015 4:38 am

Det ser godt nok godt ud! Fedt projekt!
Jeg er ret vild med, at du har valgt at bruge forskellige materialer. Det giver en god effekt.
http://www.aethercaelus.blogspot.com
MorbidNeeds

MorbidNeeds

SD sized fer dress Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: SD sized fer dress   SD sized fer dress Icon_minitimeTors Dec 31, 2015 8:01 am

Kurisu> Takker mange gange! Tænkte også at forskellene kun ville være med til at fremhæve hinanden på en god måde.
Sponsoreret inhold

SD sized fer dress Empty
IndlægEmne: Sv: SD sized fer dress   SD sized fer dress Icon_minitime

SD sized fer dress
Tilbage til toppen 
Side 1 af 1
 Lignende emner
-
» Dress up - CP Lu-wen, CP Lishe boy
» Yuzukis new dress <3